If you have never used Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), you’re missing out on one of the cheapest and most beneficial supplements you can use to safeguard your health.
There are a multitude of health benefits to be gained from adding ACV to your daily regimen. Some of the benefits are even backed by science. Below is a list of some of the top benefits to your health:
- ACV is high in healthy substances including acetic acid, protein, enzymes and friendly bacteria
- Helps to kill harmful bacteria. It has been used to clean wounds and treat nail fungus and ear infections
- ACV can help to lower your blood sugar and help you to manage diabetes
- Daily consumption can help one lose belly fat by increasing the feeling of fullness – thus eating less calories
- Polyphenols are present in ACV and are known cancer fighters
- ACV is a probotic and can give your digestive tract a boost.
Everyone is looking for a quick fix for their health. Today I am sharing the top 5 reasons I use Apple Cider Vinegar and why I have been using it for years. My grandmother got me started on it way back when. She used it to help her with an allergy related cough.
THE TOP 5 REASONS I USE ACV
- Keeps my scalp Ph in balance. As a runner and outdoor exerciser, I use an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse on my hair 1 or 2 times per week. It stops my scalp from getting irritated from sweat and keeps the tiny but painful little bumps from cropping up after several sweat sessions in a row.
- ACV is a fermented food that contains acetic acid – a powerful acid that kills bacteria. It also helps reduce inflammation in the body.
- The healthy bacteria and acids in ACV can actually help with digestion and keep belly bloat at bay. For some, bloating is caused by a build up of harmful bacteria. The acids in Apple Cider Vinegar can help to break that down and digesting food becomes easier.
- Energy – For those of us over the age of 55, ACV can boost your energy without caffeine. Because its loaded with enzymes and potassium it can help you get over the “afternoon slump”. Instead of reaching for a cup of coffee, try my ACV water recipe below.
- Healthy Immune system – Getting Apple Cider Vinegar each day along with a probiotic can increase the amount of protective antibodies and enzymes giving you a healthy boost to your immune system.
Use Raw Organic ACV
Using raw, organic ACV that has “mother” in it seems to be the most beneficial. You know that murky looking stuff floating around in organic ACV, it’s actually the good bacteria and acids that are so beneficial to your health. It is mainly composed of yeast and acetic acid. Gentle shake the bottle to mix them into the vinegar before you use it.
I know there are “>gummies out there and I believe they are a great way to get ACV but for me, I like my drink! it adds 16 healthy ounces of water to my day.
Try my recipe for drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in your Water
A couple of times per day, I get a large glass (as least 16 oz) and fill it almost the top with cold water.
Add 1 tablespoon raw, organic ACV
8 drops to 1 tsp of lemon juice to the water.
I don’t stir, I just add ice.
The reason I love this drink is because the amount of water dilutes the taste of the ACV and the lemon gives it a perky, refreshing taste.
Apple Cider Vinegar is not a miracle cure. It’s just another healthy habit to add to your daily routine that can help your immune system and overall health.
If you enjoyed this post from For a Good Life After 50, check out these posts!
To receive more information about nourishing your mind, body and soul For a Good Life After 50, Subscribe here
To learn the small, doable steps For a Good Life After 50, follow me here: Instagram Facebook Pinterest Twitter
I love ACV and like yourself, it’s been in my routine for years. I can tell a difference if I go several days without it! I can’t wait to try your recipe for ACV water. Thanks for sharing it. 🍎❤️
I drink at least 1 glass everyday. It makes me feel clean and fresh inside!
Thanks for commenting.
I try to get in one serving of ACV a day in my protein shake. I will have to try your way of diluting it in your water. Thanks for the tip!
It does make a difference when it is diluted. I find that I like only about 5 drops of lemon juice.
I had no idea of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, I am always looking to incorporate something new into my diet, loved this post!!
This is an easy way to incorporate something healthy and it is very in expensive.
What a fantastic post! This is so chock full of useful information I can not wait to dig
deep and start utilizing the resources you have given me.
Your exuberance is refreshing.