Dry Winter Skin – UGH! Nobody wants that. Cold temperatures and indoor heat can suck the moisture right out of your skin. What if I shared with you four amazing oils that will have your skin plump and hydrated all winter long? Not only are they effective against dry winter skin, they will protect it.
You may find that facial oils are the missing ingredient to combat dry winter skin. Keep reading to see why oils should be the next thing to try in your beauty routine — and which ones might work best for you.
Benefits of Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil include:
- Ultimate skin softening
- Anti-aging properties
- Reduces wrinkles
- Improves dull skin by removing dead skin cells
- Gentle Exfoliation
- Fatty acids help reduce inflammation
- Retain moisture in the skin
- Visible improvement to your skin’s texture.
Coconut oil is unique in that it benefits your skin both inside and out. Therefore, using coconut oil in your cooking as well as making sure it is an ingredient in your skincare will definitely send dry skin packing this winter.
Sweet Almond Oil
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil include:
- Locks in moisture with its emollient properties
- Absorbs quickly
- Almond Oil is a natural cleansers removing dirt, oil and impurities
- Balances the PH in your skin
- Helps smooth dry patches of skin
Pairing sweet almond oil with other beneficial oils or skincare ingredients makes them even more powerful against dry skin.
Once described as “liquid gold”, olive oil benefits include:
- Fights premature skin aging with the antioxidant power of Vitamin E, polyphenols and phytosterols
- Because it is full of monounsaturated fat, olive oil has a natural plumping effect
- Creates a smooth appearance to your skin by aiding the skin cells to be more fluid
- Moisturizes skin
- Reduces signs of aging
- Increases collagen
Olive Oil is another powerhouse oil that benefits your skin when you use it on the inside and outside. By the way, it also makes a fantastic makeup remover.
Jojoba Oil has many benefits for skincare:
- Most of the compounds found in jojoba oil are instantly absorbed by the skin providing a protective shield around the cells and preventing additional moisture loss.
- Apply it to your lips. You will find that it brings moisture back to your lips and leaves them with a soft lush look
- Rejuvenates your skin
- Fights against wrinkles, age spots and blemished with antioxidant compounds that increase your skins elasticity, minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and provides you with a youthful glow
Admittedly, we all have different needs for our dry winter skin. As you can see from this list not all facial oils are the same. Some can nourish the skin, some protect the skin and there are some that can potentially irritate your skin — so do your research, test them out and check with your dermatologist.
All of these oils can be found in some of my favorite products. Check them out here:
If you enjoyed this post, click below for more information about skincare:
What are you doing today to live a good life?
If you appreciate this post, please support me by signing up to receive more posts on living a good life after 50. Follow me on all the social medias listed below!
To receive more information about nourishing your mind, body and soul For a Good Life After 50, Subscribe here
I appreciate your support. What helps me the most is to share this post wherever you can. Save an image to Pinterest, share this post on Facebook or with a friend. Sign up to receive posts and following on social media. Supporting bloggers is easy and free.